A safe place to run, jump and play!
NOW OPEN! Part of ongoing efforts by the Restoration & Beautification Committee of Columbiana to enhance the outdoor experience of residents and visitors alike, the Firestone Dog Park Campaign is a grassroots effort to build a welcoming, safe, public dog park in our community.
The soft-opening of Firestone Dog Park took place on Saturday, June 17, 2023, and was a collaboration with Dogs of Birdfish/Birdfish Brewing Company and members of the Firestone family/Roger S. Firestone Foundation with the launch announced on the Dogs of Birdfish Instagram account on Thursday, June 15, and shared among its 560+ followers. (Photos courtesy of Rooster/Birdfish Brewing Company & Firestone Dog Park Committee).
Nestled within the diverse 72-acre landscape of historic Harvey S. Firestone Recreation Park, the Firestone Dog Park provides people and their canine companions the opportunity to build life-long friendships and enjoy quality time outdoors in a dog-friendly space:
- Community dog park (free)
- Open dawn to dusk
- 1.75-acre fenced area strategically located along the Walking Trail
- Natural setting with shade trees and space to run free
- Double gates for safety
- Separate runs for small and large dogs
- Picnic benches, teeter-totters and climbing amenities inside each run
- Park benches, dog waste stations and water station at entrance
- Off-leash safe space to run, jump and play!
We welcome well-mannered dogs and their people: The Rules as set forth below have been enacted for the benefit of all visitors to the Firestone Dog Park and are applicable to both owners and/or handlers accompanying their dogs.
- Open dawn to dusk
- No people or pet food/treats permitted
- Pay attention; watch your dog(s) at all times
- Never leave your dog(s) unattended
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years old
- Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times
- No dogs under 4 months of age
- No more than 3 dogs per owner/handler
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park
- Harness or collar required on all dogs inside the park
- Dogs must stay within specified area for their weight
- Owners must clean up dog waste immediately
- Dogs must be under voice command/control
- Aggressive dogs must be removed by their owners IMMEDIATELY
- Potable water station available outside main entrance
- Handlers are legally responsible for the actions of their dog(s)*
- To report issues, call Columbiana Police Department
- NON-emergency: 330-482-9292
- Emergency: 911
- Dogs in-heat
- Spiked, pinch and choke collars (for the safety of your pet at play)
- Glass containers
- Digging holes
- Excessive roughness
- Smoking on or near premises
- Alcoholic beverages and drugs
*Your entry into Harvey S. Firestone Recreational Park’s Firestone Dog Park is your agreement that you release the Park, City of Columbiana, Restoration & Beautification Committee of Columbiana and their officers, directors, employees, agents, volunteers, legal representatives, successors, and assigns, along with any subsidiaries thereof, from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, arising from or related to your visit, including, but not limited to, theft, injury to person or property, harm, damage of goods, acts of god or unforeseen circumstances that occur to you and/or your dog(s).
A happy dog is a well-mannered dog. Share your passion for dogs and help spread the joy to our canine friends!
THANK YOU TO OUR DONORS:
Columbiana Community Foundation
Roger S. Firestone Foundation
Birdfish Brewing Company
Blue Ribbon Chiropractic
Columbiana Craft BeerFest 2021: Ales for Tails
The Community of Columbiana
Homestead Kitchen & Cocktails
Mary Ann’s Homemade Chocolates
Paws on Main
Support Firestone Dog Park:
- Mail check payable to Restore Columbiana/FDP to P.O. Box 53, Columbiana, OH 44408
- Click here to Donate Online
The Firestone Dog Park, named after entrepreneur and Columbiana-native Harvey S. Firestone, is a campaign of the Restoration & Beautification Committee of Columbiana, a 503(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization focused on restoring the beauty and history of Columbiana, OH. The charity directs capital projects funded by a combination of community sponsors, private donations and government grants. Visit Restore Columbiana on Facebook.