A safe place to run, jump and play!
Part of ongoing efforts by the Restoration & Beautification Committee of Columbiana to enhance the outdoor experience of residents and visitors alike, the Firestone Dog Park Campaign is a grassroots effort to build a welcoming, safe, public dog park in our community.
Nestled within the diverse 72-acre landscape of historic Harvey S. Firestone Recreation Park, the Firestone Dog Park will provide people and their canine companions the opportunity to build life-long friendships and enjoy quality time outdoors in a dog-friendly space:
- 1.75-acre fenced area strategically located near existing Walking Trail
- Natural setting with shade trees and space to run free
- Double gates for safety
- Separate runs for small and large dogs
- Water stations
- Park benches
- Dog depots/waste stations
- Off-leash safe space to run, jump and play!
Help build Firestone Dog Park:
- Mail check payable to Restore Columbiana/FDP to P.O. Box 53, Columbiana, OH 44408
- Click here to Donate Online
A happy dog is a well-mannered dog. Share your passion for dogs and help spread the joy to our canine friends!
UPDATE FOR THE START OF 2022:
Dramatic increases in construction costs and nearly doubling its size to 1.75-acres means we’ll continue fundraising for Firestone Dog Park in 2022. We remain committed to providing our dogs a safe play to run, jump and play in Columbiana so while work on the park itself is on winter hiatus, we continue our efforts.
As part of this process, we recently moved from GoFundMe to local company Pineapple POS for processing online donations: https://bit.ly/FirestoneDogParkColumbiana.
The paw-print of the Firestone Dog Park took shape last year:
- June 2021: Grubbing of the site/clearing all undergrowth
- July 2021: Surveying of the site
- August 2021: Reassessing area; increasing size from 1-acre to 1.75-acres
- September 2021: Widening of road to the Walking Trail
- October 2021: Clearing of dead and decaying trees revealing the 1.75-acre area
*Seeding is scheduled for Spring 2022 (once the weather permits).
The Firestone Dog Park, named after entrepreneur and Columbiana-native Harvey S. Firestone, is a campaign of the Restoration & Beautification Committee of Columbiana, a 503(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization focused on restoring the beauty and history of Columbiana, OH. The charity directs capital projects funded by a combination of community sponsors, private donations and government grants. Visit Restore Columbiana on Facebook.