Dog lovers have a unique opportunity to double their donations to the Firestone Dog Park Campaign (FDP) in the month of April 2021 as total donations made will be matched up to $20,000 by Committee Member Richard McBane!
This generous month-long match is part of ongoing efforts to raise awareness and funds to ensure we realize the dream of a safe, fun place for dogs to run, jump and play in historic Harvey S. Firestone Recreational Park.
This means throughout April 2021 only, your donations to the FDP will be matched dollar for dollar (up to $20,000 total) by McBane.
In addition to the getting word out about the match, the Committee has placed FDP signs on the Square/Main Street and at two locations in Firestone Park: beside Mirror Lake and near the proposed site of the FDP by the Walking Trail.
We continue to host virtual events on the Restore Columbiana Facebook page, distribute printed materials through area establishments, offer FDP sponsorships, coordinate and benefit from a series of upcoming events, including:
- 10 am – 10 pm, Saturday, April 17, 2021: BirdFish Brewing Company:
- 10am – Noon, Dosa for the Dog Park: breakfast serving DOSA (a savory crepe made from rice and lentil batter which will be served with several stuffing options and popular Indian chutneys). Available until 12PM or until sold-out.
- Noon – 10 pm, Bark IPA & Hot Diggity Dogs: Park IPA will switch to Bark IPA for the day with $1 for every pint poured benefiting the FDP. Frytanic Food Truck & Lamppost Farm will provide a Hot Diggity Dog event: buy a 100% grass fed beef hot dog and $2 benefits FDP.
- Saturday, May 1, 2021: Bark in the Park vendor event in Harvey S. Firestone Recreational Park (Stay tuned for details).
- Noon – 7 pm, Saturday, June 12, 2021: BirdFish Brewing Company & Blue Ribbon Chiropractic (BRC): Noon to 7 pm for a day of beer, dogs, and feelin’ good with aligned spines!
- Noon, What’s Crackin’ BF & BRC Collaboration Beer Tapping: NEW 7.7% ABV Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout aged 6 months on Cracked Black Walnuts
- 12-4 pm, Lisa Braden from Blue Ribbon Chiropractic will provide chiropractic adjustments for humans ($40) and their K-9 best friends ($60). Human and Dog duo only $80! New T-Shirt Swag – $20.
- 4-7 pm, West-Beer-Minster Dog Show: Show off your fanciest pup while not spilling your beer; audience applause wins. Ribbons for 1st-5th place. 1st Place wins the swag bag with a Birdfish dog collar, $100 Birdfish Gift Card, $100 Blue Ribbon Chiropractic Gift Card, event shirt, and more. Prizes for 2nd-5th places as well.
- 6 pm, “Logs & Dogs” at Lamppost Farm: $10/person all you can eat 100% grass fed beef hot dogs roasted over campfires with a food truck competition for hot dog toppings. Kid friendly; dogs welcome.
- 4 – 8pm, Saturday, October 9, 2021: Columbiana Craft BeerFest: Ales for Tails at Firestone Farms’ Town Center featuring more than 10 area breweries, 3 local food trucks, live music and more!
Stay tuned to the Restore Columbiana’s Facebook page and website for more details on our activities!
The Firestone Dog Park is only one aspect of R&B’s ongoing commitment to native-son Harvey S. Firestone’s legacy of giving back in Columbiana. Support of R&B’s enhancements in Firestone Park can be made at RestoreColumbiana.com.
Donations to the Firestone Dog Park can be made directly at https://gf.me/u/y8t5wu; by check made payable to Columbiana R&B/FDP & mailed to P.O. Box 53, Columbiana, OH 44408; through the QR code on FDP signs/materials; via RestoreColumbiana.com.